Saturday, December 15, 2007





We this picture I show you an exercise that I forgot to tell you about before. It is exactly the same exercise but in different body position that the one I had my arms extemded over the head and I opened and closed my hands (fists) 60 times; well I do open and close them again 60 times but this time in a more relaxed position as my arms are bent and resting on the mattres and on the each side of the body. Please note the position of the feat and the bent legs by the knees because this is a position that I will keep for the "new" exercises (yest not only one as I originally thopught but two)





Now in the samwe body position I move the arms up and I place them behind the head as I show you in the picture with the fingers crossing each other.

What it comes now is an exercise that I thought one day resting after doing all the exercise routine and waiting for the carer in the morning. I knew that its very good to stretch the body as it imrpoves the flexibility so i just stretched my arms with the legs bent of corse and then compliteley casualy Icrossed my hands behing the head and by making the elbows to press deeply into the matress I noticed that this is a "new" and rather good exercise because not only stretches the spine and makes the shoulder plates to nearly touch each other but actually opens the bone structure in the whole upper chest and the muscle structure in the arm pits area, this will take only about 40 sec to do. As I thought about it, there is one exercise that can be done in a gym in which there is a machine that actually makes dificult the opposite movement, this is trying to join the ebows; actually this exercise is the opposite movement in which you try to make the elbows to go as deep inside the matress as possible and holding for about 5 seconds as I show in two pictures below.



























What comes now is the one that I though as a possible alternative as the one above but when I did it produced such benefit in my lower back that I realised it was a very good one for the hips. Basicaly its the same one as above but on a flat matres without pillow but this time you don't need to press elbows towards the matress but the knees although in my case they cannot ,they try to move towards the matrees and holding this position for as long as its comfortable; this movement opens the whole pelvic area therefore making it very healthy for people using wheelchair full time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home