Sunday, March 30, 2008

Sunday, 30 March 2008
A few months ago (perhaps as long as 1 year, or maybe 2) I told you that Ayurveda medicine meant "popular medicine". Well, I was and I am wrong in telling you so because today I found out what it really means.
At the moment I am reading a book called QUANTUM HEALING by Deepak Chopra and I am reading many very good different stories, and perhaps there will be one that might help me to get out of the "rocky" situation that I find myself in; but for the moment I just want to tell you about Ayurveda.
It seems that Ayurveda comes from 2 Sanskrit roots; 1 root the word Ayus meaning Life and the other word is Veda meaning Knowledge, Wisdom or Science. So, obviously, the Ayurveda is the combination for saying Life Wisdom or if we're talking about medicine - Life Science or even Science of Life, more certainly used popularly in India but doesn't mean it is popular medicine or folk medicine as I thought.
SORRY!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home