Wednesday, October 11, 2006


Wednesday the 11th of October
Now ia m goin to relate the 3rd and final segment of exercises in the living room.After this segment i have only left to tell u about physical exercising two more groups of them but they are one of 15 minutes and one of 5 so not too much.Before i continue i need to tell u that i have the bicycle for nearly 2 years so thats why ui have maximum difficulty in its use.
Tjhe 3rd segment starts with 2 exercises that a physiotherapist told me about 2 years ago for back pain.1st is by trying to jion the hand on the back having one arm up and the other down.I try to tdo this quite slowly first with the left arm up and the right down and then vice versa. As one or maybe the 2 hands that when down may find difficulties in joining the other hand that is up, try to move ur hand by impulsing it up.The next position for back pain ids to move the shoulders in rotation forward 10 times and backwards the same amount.this 2 exercises are made possible by sliding slowly the bump to the front of the wheelchair; maybe it is neccesary first to acostume the back by not having support on the wheelchair by extreme training of the muscels in the lower area first, i do this also but i got a lopt of help by puting a back rest in my wheelchair that i bought 4 years ago from the "back store" in West London.
The next movement is by making the feet to "walk" without moving in the space(u know the toes up and then the hill up and when the toes in the right foot goes up then the hill in the left goes up as well and vice versa, and so on).I do this 15 times with both feet and then 35 times only with the left foot only (sorry!).Then i try to rotate clockwise and anti clockwise the left foot by extending it forward 15 times to the right and 15 times to left (2 series).Finaly i do the rotation with right foot but only 15 times each side.When i do this exercises i have the wqheelchair in the middle of my room but for doing the next one i place the wheelchair again infront of the sofa but this time maybe 30cm away from it only.By placing the legs and feet on the top of the sofa and by holding on the wheelchair with my hands i try to tilt forward the upper part of my body without bending the knees while i am having the feet apart.When i do this i count to 30 and then i rest and catch up with my breath for an hour.
As part of my relaxing i put one band on the sofa when i take another rubber band from one of my draws(u can buy them in any physiotherapy shop in London or via internet;u can get them also free of charge from ur physiotherapy department in the community, they tend to be quite weak).By sliding again my hips ftowards the fromt of the wheelchair nad by keeping my spine as errect as possible i try to pull the band from the center of my upper body opening the arms as much as i can for 15 times then i do try to do more or less the same but without so much extention by having one hand on tha top of the other infront of my chest;what i do is first i have the right hand up and then vice versa,when the right hand is up i pull 15 times and when the left is up 30. With this rubber band the final exercise is by holding with right foot the badn on the floor while with the right fist i pull the band up 15 times supporting my elbow on the wheelchair arm then i do the same with the left side and double(30 times).The idea of doing a few exercises double on the left then onm the right is to ACHIEVE A BALANCE OF volume ibn the wqhole body; i do not have strenght, one of the cosequences of not having the coordination is not having a strenght so from this point of view i am as "weak" as i was before getting this diagnosis(funny isnt it?).
The final exercise of this egment is with another rubber band that i hold with my 2 hands behind my back and then i pull themon my knees to my feet and then to my knees again and now i bent my back forward( the lower area only ).I do this for 15 times and it has made my image to appear huge really huge but all i try to do is to improve the strenght in my lower area.I finish the segment by stretching the muscles in my arms forward backwards and then holding with the left hand the right handle of my wheelchair and then holding behind my neck( both hands actually).As a gadget "queen" that i am i have 2 air purifiers that are at the same time ironizers one is permanently in the living room and the other one changes from the kitchen into my bedroom;This has imrove a lot my sight that i help to "exercise" everyday by having halpfull glasses put on .First for 30 min i got the red and green glasses that although the frame is in plastic are nithing more then 3 D glasses that u can get for watching a 3D movie; with this i challenge the brain to see only 1 eye red and 1 green.After this i have another pair of glasses that i call a pin hole glasses that consist of shades in which pin holes have been done( u can buy this and is not very expensive).I finish with the red and green glasses again but this time if the red was on the right now is on the left and vice versa with the green one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home