Saturday, November 10, 2007






In the spring of the year 1984 I joined a theatre collective in Madrit in Spain that was basing its approach to drama from a voice point of view basically; with them I know everything that needs to be known about the voice and one year year later I improved my voice by half an hour weekly classes of voice with a piano and a metronome as I told you already but we had once as a collective go to selection of theatre groups for a Spanish festival of theatre and this is how I found the exercise that I show below and that i something that Should not be done often but since the danger of doing that very often is that the tong (that is muscle after all ) can become used to it and my not "work" for acting in the usual way and since my speach was a problem already I thought that doing it was going to be Ok. It came out to be very good actually.






I will "explain" with three photographs but I will comment them now.
The first picture shows an empty shell of a pen, we could use a pen but pens are for writing not for doing voice exercising so better to use an empty shell of a cheap pen so when it breaks it can be substituted to a new one with not much cost.



In this one I show the "shell" being placed under the tounge with the mouth opened and I will hold with hand on the one exteem and the other on the other extreem so the shell being , of course, in between the teeth will be touching the corners of the lips, the idea is to make the speach more difficult more that usuall but when you take it out the speech improves remarkably.


Lastly with this one I show you the precise moment in which the shell pleced where it has to be placed does the work of obstaculising the speech that I do for about three or 2 mins you may choose a prayer or several prayers or a pice of any ext that you may remeber. What I have is two proverbs "made" by myslef , one christian from the AA recovery rooms, "Our Father" christian prayer and a native american indian prayer from the Hopi Nation)

This single exercise has done by itself mostly the biggest change in my speech in last 2 or 3 years so I do recomend it to everybody.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home